Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Public Insurance Adjuster?

A public adjuster is an insurance expert who inspects your property damage, evaluates the cost of the repairs, prepares your property damage claim, and files it with your insurance company. Public insurance adjusters are licensed, bonded, and regulated by the Florida Department of Financial Services. Unlike other types of adjusters, public insurance adjusters may only work for the public and not for insurance companies.

Why should I hire a Public Insurance Adjuster?

A public insurance adjuster will work on your behalf to maximize your property damage claim and your settlement for damages. In addition, you can expect the insurance company to send their adjuster to evaluate the damage. This adjuster is there to find the details that will work in the insurance company’s favor, while a public insurance adjuster works for you. A good public insurance adjuster stays abreast of changes in insurance policies and laws and is familiar with the variety of documents and forms involved in filing an insurance claim.

Will a Public Adjuster get a higher settlement from the insurance company?

A public insurance adjuster works to get you a higher settlement by making a detailed inventory of your property damage and by filing a detailed claim. Public adjusters are trained to evaluate property damage, including finding hidden damage, to ensure that it is all documented and filed with your claim. This generally results in a higher settlement than would otherwise be received.

How are Public Adjusters paid for their work?

A public insurance adjuster’s fee is a small percentage of the amount paid by the insurance company. These fees are regulated by the Florida Department of Financial Services. If the insurance company doesn’t issue payment, you pay nothing to the adjuster.

Can a property damage claim be re-opened? How about if it's been denied?

In many cases, property damage claims can be re-opened, even if they’ve been paid or denied. Florida law allows claims to be re-opened for up to several years after the date of the damage. A public insurance adjuster will audit and analyze your original claim to see if any information was missed or if the claim was wrongfully denied. If anything is found, a supplemental claim will be filed often resulting in a payment.

Can I handle my own claim?

The property damage claim process is a complicated one with many forms to fill and details to address. Furthermore, there will be an adjuster from the insurance company involved. It is important to have a public adjuster to help navigate the process and work on your behalf. Please review the Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights to understand your rights as a home and policy owner when it comes to filing a claim and how it should be handled.

Will my insurance company cancel my policy if I use a Public Adjuster?

By law, you have the right to hire a public adjuster to advocate for you during the property damage claim process. The Florida Department of Financial Services handles licensing and bonding of public adjusters who are only allowed to represent private citizens. Your insurance company cannot cancel your policy, deny your claim, or take any other action against you for hiring a public adjuster.

Free Virtual Tour

To inspect property damage

Free Policy Review

Conducted by a licensed agent.

Free Claim Review

To maximize your claim's value.

Contact Us

We are here to maximize your claim. Reach out and see how Your Public Adjuster can help you!


(866) 668-1002


619 E New York Avenue
DeLand, FL 32724